Tuesday 8 January 2013


Today is day 3. We have had a good start, great group of people, in a great venue.

People working hard at making a difference, becoming equipped and skilled at counselling, coaching and supporting others who want to do a good job on their lives. All of this in a very unsupportive social environment.

We had a fun moment yesterday. We talked about seeing and being seen. I cited the movie Avatar and how the phrase “I see you” was used so powerfully. And how in the Serengedi Savannah there is a tribe that greets one another by the first saying “I see you!” and the second replying “I am here!” and then they reverse. Try it with your good friend or spouse. Then we got out these huge play sunglasses and declared them to be an amazing scientific instrument that allows us to do this.

Really, what allows us to do this is to greet one another with care and kindness, paying attention to the other, and allowing the other to see into myself. This creates some great moments of connection!

I feel privileged to be here, sometimes thrilled with what goes on between us, other times feeling like I am not quite delivering where and what they need.

It’s great to have Laura with me and have her feedback and encouragement.

More to come.

Irv.

No comments:

Post a Comment