Wednesday 30 December 2015

Nothing was going right in a wonderful way!

Nothing was going right! We had identified our next trip as somewhat urgent. Our mission was to continue our contact with our friends in Cuba and continue to explore what it might look like for us to work together. No small challenge in the constantly changing and turbulent social and spiritual landscape!

We recruited significant prayer from wherever we could. I tried out something new too. With each personal request for prayer, if people said yes, then I asked if they could pray for me right then and there for 15 seconds. It was wonderful! Nobody held themselves to 15 seconds! And as they prayed I felt the kind pleasure and confidence of God! Wonderful, yes, as I had become anxious and doubtful that I had heard Him right when we concluded we needed to go!

It was indeed a wonderful trip! Great personal and spiritual connections. We comprehended in an ever-deepening way the complexities our friends in Cuba work under. We sensed their rock-ribbed faith and engaged them in worship, intercession and spiritual warfare, all fused together with joy, respect and honour.

Laura and I returned with a deepened sense of His Leadership and look forward to how things will continue to unfold.

The Kingdom of God moves forward and it is thrilling to do our best to keep up!

No comments:

Post a Comment