Saturday 20 October 2012

Sometimes we talk about the Incarnation. Jesus taking human form and coming to the earth. No one has ever seen God. Yet He is much more fully known by us as we look at Jesus.

As Jesus walked on the earth, he made some phenomenal statements. "I am the Bread of Life" and "Come to Me and I will give you free food and drink!" He longed to give us what we needed to give us a sense of satisfaction, belonging and connection.

He also talked about the human condition apart from himself, and what to do about it in Matthew 9:

36  When he looked out over the crowds, his heart broke. So confused and aimless they were, like sheep with no shepherd.
37  "What a huge harvest!" he said to his disciples. "How few workers!
38  On your knees and pray for harvest hands!"


Shortly after I decided to follow Christ I began to read through the Bible and began to benefit from these amazing passages! I newly felt this sense of connection, purpose and direction from my relationship with Him.

Then came my personal connection with a passage that ended up givimg me my life direction. It was  in Isaiah 42:

6  "I am GOD. I have called you to live right and well. I have taken responsibility for you, kept you safe. I have set you among my people to bind them to me, and provided you as a lighthouse to the nations,
7  To make a start at bringing people into the open, into light: opening blind eyes, releasing prisoners from dungeons, emptying the dark prisons.


This so resonated with me! I said to myself, and to God, that I wanted a piece of this! I felt so delicious, that God would bring me into a relationship with Him, and then allow me to become a lighthouse for others, as Peter, who led me to Christ, was God's lighthouse to me!

So, lots of metaphors here. Lighthouse, bringing people into the light, releasing prisoners, emptying prisons!

As we mingle our lives together with others, we become God''s Workers! I feel called to this. Profoundly. But not only this, we become a Covenant. A Covenant, issued by God, extended to all who would come! I am the embodiment of this Covenant! I bring Hope, Light, Life and Vision to those around me!

You too!

Below is a photo with Carlos and Marcia seated to my left, along with folks from Brazil, Uruguay and the States. It seems a miracle that they are in our international gathering. 17 years ago they found Christ, and they have become Covenants to Chileans in Chile. 49 other nationalities are doing this too! And you can too!

This afternoon I head out from Kenya on my way to Angola along with my great colleague and colabourerer, Dan McIver. I don't know how internet access will be, but I will try to keep in touch. Thanks for your prayers! Pray for my time there with the Holdens!

Irv.

1 comment:

  1. Irv,
    Your message was wonderful and inspiring all at the same time. I am delighted to share this experience with you via blog. Continue in the sharing, I feel more and more enriched in my life having known you. Better yet since developing a deeper relationship with my Heavenly Father. It's really amazing how God works in the life of a child that seeks him.

    ReplyDelete